Even a health nut like myself needs a good chocolate chip cookie every now and again and these are by far the best I have ever made. A classic cookie recipe from reclaiming provincial. I especially like that they are made with nutrient-rich whole wheat flour. Chewy on the inside but crisp on the edges, with a warmed glass of milk - this is the ultimate comfort food.
Preheat your oven to 350 F
prep time10 minutes
cook time16-20 minutes
inspired byReclaiming Provincial via The New Best Recipe
1 1/2 cupswhole wheat flour
3/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
3/4 tspsea salt
1/2 cupunsalted butter cut into 1/2” pieces
1/2 cupdark brown sugar
1/2 cupcane sugar
one tspvanilla extract
2/3 cupsbittersweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, sugars. Beat together until blended and add egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Place 2 inch scoops onto the parchment-lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart at least.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack for a little bit before serving.