Sometimes I find it hard to cook naturally without having a plan. If I know what I want to cook before-hand, it makes things easier. Especially for recipes like this one, that has specific ingredients I wouldn’t have on hand. This was simple and rich. In season root vegetables and warm spices, grounding and smooth. I modified this recipe from Kitchen Medicine Cooking Medicine, a great resource for natural living topics.
Preheat your oven to 375 F
1/2butternut squash peeled and chopped
oneparsnip peeled and chopped
onesweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1lborganic grass fed ground beef
1/2 tspsea salt
1/4 cupprune juice
4 tbspolive oil
- Combine the chopped vegetables and set aside.
- Sauté onions in oil until transparent.
- Add in beef and break apart into tiny pieces while cooking until brown.
- Add in spices and sea salt, stirring on low bringing out the fragrances.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together for a couple minutes.
- Fold into a small baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
cooling and serving:
I served it with basmati rice, yogurt and chapati bread.