I had no idea almond milk was so easy to prepare and 100% natural. I made mine with less water and more almonds so it had more flavor. I omitted the cane sugar - I’m trying to stay away from that stuff, pretty sure I have a cavity! It’s really nice warmed up with nutmeg and a cinnamon stick or over your morning oatmeal.
serves6 cups or 1.5 liters
prep time8 hours
cook time30 minutes
inspired bySo Good and Tasty
2 cupsorganic almonds
- Place almonds in a large bowl and cover with water. Let soak overnight.
- The following morning combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Strain the milk through a cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer over a tall bowl.
- Press down to squeeze out the liquid from the pulp.
- Reserve the almond pulp for other recipes.
- Pour the milk into a seal glass container and store in the fridge up to 5 days.